This church was built in the 11th century but was rebuilt 1881-1883. The oldest item in the church is the baptismal font (it probably there when the original church was built). The church itself is dedicated to Saint Nicholas (it’s name being “St. Nicolai kyrka).
Before literacy was wide spread, the use of house marks was common, resembling runes these marks were often used on houses. These were found on one of the pillars inside a medieval pigrimage church in Scania, near the church is a sacred spring believed to be from the pre-christian, pagan time – thus this has been a site of religious importance for a very long time.